We are looking for reliable and caring Care Assistants & Senior Care Assistants for work in residential and nursing homes settings. You will be providing quality care and companionship to clients either on a one to one basis or as part of a team. You could be supporting older people with dementia, individuals with learning disabilities, sensory impairments or mental health conditions.
As a Care Assistant or Senior Care Assistant you will maintain your client’s independence and quality of life and form strong bonds with your clients. Your responsibilities could include any of the following:
• Assisting with day to day tasks, getting to know your client’s routines
• Encourage and enable your clients to engage with friends and family
• Promote and enable independence to the best of their ability
• Help clients attend any social activities or appointments
• Help with bathing, washing, dressing and personal care when required
Some of the service users also have physical or learning disabilities, and can display challenging behaviour. Personal care will be required so please do not apply if you are not prepared to undertake personal care, to include washing and dressing.
If you are an experienced care worker / care assistant / support worker and a driver with access to your own vehicle, with a compassionate nature we would love to hear from you.
• MUST have an NVQ Level 2/3 in Health & Social Care OR 6 months experience
• MUST be happy to provide personal care
• MUST be flexible and able to work a shift pattern
• MUST have annually refreshed mandatory training certificates (manual handling, safeguarding etc)
• MUST hold a DBS registered on the update service or willing to apply for a new one
• Have a good level of English (written & verbal)
If you have a DBS that is registered with the online update service, we can offer you work more quickly. You must be able to provide 5 years’ references and either have all mandatory training in date, or be prepared to complete this prior to starting your assignment. The FRCE Recruitment Group will support you with your training needs if required.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact HINA@frce-group.co.uk or visit our website www.frce-group.co.uk to view out latest opportunities in Social Care for Care Assistants, Support Workers and Learning Disability Workers